Lamb Skilpadjie With 3 SaucesAugust 6, 2019
Lamb Offal Tripe & Trotters – Italian Lamb TripeAugust 7, 2019
Lamb Shoulder - Greek Panzanella Pita Bread Salad
4 to 6
- 1kg left over lamb shoulder meat, pulled and slightly warmed
- 4 heads baby gem lettuce, cut into quarters
- 4 pink radishes, sliced
- 1/2 a cucumber, sliced into spaghetti strips or thinly sliced on the bias
- 100g asparagus, blanched
- 2 large pita breads
- 30ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150g red vine tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100ml prepared herb pesto
- 30ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Warm a griddle pan on a high heat until smoking.
- Brush the pita breads with olive oil and grill on both sides until well charred and toasty.
- Cut each pita in 8 triangles and set aside.
- Toss the asparagus in some olive oil, season to taste and grill on both sides.
- Place the vine tomatoes in an oven proof dish, drizzle with olive oil, season to taste and place in a 180 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until they burst open.
- Place the lettuce on a salad platter and top with the radish slices, cucumber spaghetti, grilled asparagus and the roasted vine tomatoes.
- Place the pita triangles on top of the salad and add the pulled lamb meat on top.
- Mix the pesto with some olive oil and drizzle over the salad.
- Enjoy with your favourite merlot or chardonnay.