Lamb Shoulder – Moussaka with 8 Hour Roast Greek Lamb ShoulderAugust 7, 2019
Lamb Skilpadjie Charcoal Ciabatta SlidersAugust 7, 2019
Lamb Offal Full Set - Portuguese Lamb Tripe
Easy to prepare
1 and 1/2 hours
160 degrees celsius
- 1.7 kg of DELICO Farmstyle Butchery full set offal, rinsed in 1 liter of water with two table spoons of lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 2 liters of prepared stock of your choice
- 500 g of bacon cut into cubes
- 25 ml of olive oil
- 3 large onions chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic grated into 25 ml of olive oil
- 2 carrots finely grated
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 3 cardamom pods crushed
- 2 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pinches of saffron
- 1 large 200 g piece of chorizo sliced
- 1 teaspoon of leaf masala
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 tin of white beans like cannelini or butter beans
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Wash the tripe in a bit of vinegar water strain and dry.
- Place in a pressure cooker with two liters of stock and cook for about 35 minutes otherwise cook on a stove top in a large pot for two and a half to three hours.
- Strain liquid off return to the pot and reduce to a quarter In a large pan heat the olive oil and add the bacon, sauté till golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon, set aside and brown the onions in the same pan adding the garlic, carrots, cumin, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon sticks, bay leaf, saffron, chorizo, masala and turmeric and cook through for about 20 minutes.
- Add the tripe back into the the pot with the reduced cooking stock and bake in a 160 degree oven for about an hour and a half.
- Remove from the oven and mix in the tin of beans, heat through and serve with loads of fresh chopped parsley and green kale spiced rice.