Lamb Skilpadjie Charcoal Ciabatta SlidersAugust 7, 2019
Lamb’s Heads – Whole Roasted Lambs’ HeadsAugust 7, 2019
Lamb Skilpadjies with Peppered Polenta
Easy to prepare
- 2 packets spiced lamb "skilpadjies" (6 each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium heat braai and folding grid
- 750ml full cream milk
- 150ml prepared chicken stock
- 100ml fresh cream
- 350ml polenta
- 15ml finely crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Start by placing your "skilpadjies" on your folding grid and place it on the fire and "braai" until the fat is rendered out and they are golden brown and a little charred.
- Once cooked place in an oven safe dish and put close to the fire to stay warm.
- Place the milk, stock and cream in a large pot and bring to the boil. Once it starts to boil, whisk in the polenta. Make sure it doesn't form lumps. Let the polenta steam on a low heat for approx. 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Whisk frequently to make sure it doesn't become too thick.
- Season to taste and serve the polenta with the BBQ "skilpadjies".